Thursday, August 6, 2009

$FUQI, BZH (Twitter was down too!)

I found it interest that IBD didn't mention the FUQI news in it's Big Picture, but they made the following statement on page 2 of the paper.
Fuqi tops views, guides above
The Chinese jewelry maker’s Q2
EPS jumped 80% to 45 cents, 45%
over views. Sales grew 51% to $101
mil, above views. Fuqi Int’lFUQI credited
demand for luxury goods in
China, which has 1.3 bil consumers
and a growing middle class. It sees
Q3 EPS of 40-44 cents vs. views for
37 cents, andQ4EPSof 52-59 cents,
above views. Shares gained 12%.
BZH also reported after hours. Even though they last money, they beat expectations on earnings by 81 cents! But still fell shy on revenue expectations. It's up 6% in the after hours.

I had to live a day without Twitter. I felt somewhat lost without the opportunity to hear the daily noise from StockTwits all day long. I was unable to get a feeling for the market so I had to resort to the 'old way' of doing things and just analyze the volume patterns of the market today. Actually, I choose to wait to see what the government has in store for us in the morning with the jobs data.

The jobs data should set the tone for the market tomorrow and let me know if I need to diversify my portfolio by going short a few of the weaker issues. It isn't wise taking a huge short position given the fact that the market is in a confirmed uptrend, albeit extended and stretched.

No comments:

Post a Comment